5 Tips to land the best IT jobs
- If you are a student/fresher/recent graduate & it is difficult for you to find a job, you should opt for an Internship. You should focus on the intern role described in the internship opportunity, rather than on the pay scale/company/location, etc.
- If you want to work on different technologies & all the jobs out there are demanding prior experience then this is what you need to do.
For example, let’s say you work for a boring IT consulting company, and you want to get an exciting job in machine learning, but all job openings you find on the internet require hands-on experience with machine learning. Go to Kaggle, download a dataset, program a solution that gets to the top 10%. Put it on your resumé, put the source code on Github. Now you have your “hands-on experience”!
- The starting i.e your initial Job/Salary is very important as you will get hikes on the basis of it. Never compromise on your first job, YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER!
- Select a Job profile that has a better growth opportunity.
- In the current trend, Developers mainly full stack developer, data science job profile are the highest paying ones.
- There are so many courses available in the market for the different skill set, which one should I prefer? You can start with free tutorials & then go with some paid tutorial on udacity/udemy etc.
- Alternatively, you can appear for National Upskill Entrance Test – A search for next-gen talent. If you qualify the test, you get an opportunity to learn the latest technology like Mern stack from the industry experts at no upfront fees which also promises 7 lakhs per annum Avg. salary for a fresher.